1. Heteroglossia is an International Journal of Literature, Literary Criticism, and Allied Studies in English.
2. ISSN no. : ISSN0975-167X
3. West Bengal Registration no. : B-731/06
4. Publisher : Nistarini College, Purulia
5. Editor : Dr. Indrani Deb , Principal
6. Period : Annual
Instructions to Authors / Contributors / Reviewers
1. There is no Publication Fee.
2. Heteroglossia only publishes authentic, scholarly and unpublished research articles, essays, book reviews, interviews, etc, concerning Literature in general, and English Literature in particular.
3. Contributions are invited from scholars/ faculty/ researchers/ writers/ professors from all over the world.
4. All contributions, except those from invitee writers, are peer-reviewed by a body of reviewers from various colleges and universities all over India and also abroad.
5. The editor reserves the right to re-publish any article in a later collection.
6. Each issue is a special issue on a pre-declared topic related with Literature.
1. We accept original theoretical or research articles, book reviews, interviews, etc., via e-mail as attached documents (Microsoft word only).
2. All manuscripts must be in Font Times New Roman, Size: 12, Line spacing: 1.5, and submitted only as MS Word 2007/ 2010.
3. All manuscripts should strictly follow the MLA 8th or later edition Style of Citation.
4. A short introduction to the author/s must be submitted along with the article.
5. Subject line of the e-mail must be “Submission of Article”.
6. Submission e-mail must include the statement claiming that the author has read the submission guidelines, that he / she agrees to the policy of the journal and that the submission is original and does not contain plagiarized material.
Format of the Research Papers
1. Authors are requested to strictly follow the MLA 8th or later edition style while preparing the articles.
2. Authors are also requested to include the following in the format of their articles:
3. Full title with subtitle, if any. Times New Roman font, size 14, bold.
4. Name and affiliation of the author/s.
5. An abstract of the article of about 100-150 words.
6. Authors should note that the main body of the text should be prepared in such a way that no formatting is needed afterwards.
7. Heading, sub headings and illustrations should be well incorporated within the main body of the article.
8. The body of the article should be in Times New Roman font, size 12 and justified. Line-spacing – 1.5.
9. The word-limit for Research paper is 5000 words inclusive of Abstract and Works Cited.
10. Author should be careful regarding grammatical and typographical errors.
11. Plagiarism report of the Research paper duly checked in plagiarism software like viper, Turn it in etc.
12. Do not decorate your submission with lines, borders, special characters.
13. Include a short third-person biographical note in your submission.
14. Only previously unpublished works are considered.
1. Heteroglossia publishes only original articles.
2. The editor can also reproduce the submission in any form (book/ anthology) and authors will be reported about the publication in other form.
3. We allow our authors flexible rights to republish and reproduce and distribute their published contents with third parties anywhere in any format on the following conditions:
4. The authors will inform the editor about the intended re-publication or reproduction by third parties by sending a signed letter.
5. The authors will acknowledge credits to Heteroglossia: An International Refereed Literary Journal as the first publisher.
By submitting paper for publication to the journal, the contributor/ author/ co-author will state that:
1) He / She is fully aware that plagiarism is wrong and that plagiarism is the use of another person’s idea or published work, pretending that it is one’s own.
2) He / She declares that each contribution to the article from other people’s published or unpublished sources has been acknowledged and the source of information has been referenced.
3) A certificate will be provided that he / she will not allow anyone to copy his / her work with the intention of passing it off as his/her own work.
4) A certificate will be provided that he / she is solely responsible for any incomplete reference that may remain in the article.
5) All contribution/s will be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
So far the following issues have been published
No. 1 – Inaugural issue.
No. 2 – Special issue on the Renaissance (I)
No. 3 – Special issue on the Renaissance (II)
No. 4 – Special issue on Indian English Writing.
No. 5 – Special issue on Marxist & Feminist Criticism.
No. 6 – Special issue on Romanticism
No. 7 – Special issue on Modernism
Last date for submission – 7th June 2017.