IQAC: A BIRD’S EYE-VIEW
Nistarini College, Purulia is one of the oldest colleges and the only women’s college of the district. It caters to the need for quality education in higher education for the up-liftment of the girl students, particularly the marginal population of this district as well as neighboring districts and states. In pursuance of the action plan for performance, evaluation and assessment in higher education, as proposed by the different higher education governing agencies of our country, our college has formed a higher body to monitor the academic quality of the teaching-learning process. The primary task of the IQAC of our college is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions.
The primary aim of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the quality of education and the administrative performance of the institution, keeping pace with the changes in higher education from the Indian perspective.
As per the recommendations of NAAC, the IQAC of our college extends the following functions to make the body meaningful.
• Development and application of quality parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
• To facilitate the creation of a learner-centric environment by adopting knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
• To make arrangements for feedback and responses from the students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related processes.
• To organize different workshops and seminars on quality related themes and appraisal related programmes.
• To make room for the participation of the teaching & administrative staff to participate in the faculty development programme.
• Administrative feedback mechanisms for the college.
• To create awareness among the students about their rights, as well as to address grievances as expressed by them.
• Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report(AQAR) as per the guidelines and parameters of the nodal agency.
• To develop quality culture in the Institution.
• To develop social awareness as well as to overcome gender discrimination.
In addition to those previously mentioned functions, the IQAC of our college also promotes the following functions for the betterment of the institution.
- Development of the concept of cluster college.
- Inviting faculty from other institutions.
- Encouraging Students to visit other neighbouring institutions, if possible, for their better performance.
- Inviting students from other colleges in different academic programmes like seminars, workshops etc.
- Motivating the Students to take part in different educational programmes and field tours in general and Science students in particular.
PROMOTION OF RESEARCH ACTIVITES
- To promote institutional publications.
- Departmental publication including wall magazines.
- To encourage the teachers towards individual publications on academic matters.
- Developing network for exploring opportunities of collaboration with other institutions as well as exchange programmes.
MEMBERS OF IQAC OF OUR COLLEGE
As per the rules of the formation of IQAC as made by the NAAC, the college has formed the IQAC. The honorable members of this body are as followed:
1. Dr. Subal Ch. De, President, Governing Body, (Advisor)
2. Dr. Sadhana Khawas, University Nominee, GB
3. Dr. Subrata Raha, University Representative
4. Dr. Subrata Dey, University Representative
5. Prof. NandadulalSannigrahi, Convenor
6. Prof. Chhabi Rani Nayak
7. Prof. Hriday Kumar Mondal
8. Dr. Prabir Sarkar
9. Prof. Indrani Ghosh
10. Prof. Renuka Gupta
11. Prof. Anup Maharatna
12. Prof. Debabrata Roy Pramanik
13. Dr. Uttam Kr. Mukhopadhyay
14. Prof. Uma Chakraborty (Repr. Of Alumni)
15. Dr. RajibBasu
16. Dr. Chandra Shekhar Hazra
17. Prof. Krishnapada Mandal (English)
18. Dr. Supriya Dutta
19. Dr. Nayan Mukherjee, MO, Deben Mahato Hospital, Purulia- (Repr. from Society)
20. Mr. Arun Kataruka (Industrialist)
MESSAGE FROM THE DESK OF THE IQAC COORDINATOR
As a part of the quality assurance programme as directed by NAAC, the college established the Internal Quality Assurance Cell(IQAC) under the auspices of the Nistarini College in 2005.The IQAC being an integral part of the college works towards the achievement of the quality assurance of higher education by developing a system for the conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in different aspects of the functioning of the college. The IQAC of the college is a symbiotic unit that welcomes all the stakeholders of the college like students, teachers, parents, staff, management and different funding agencies and the society. It is the body, which monitors the quality of education keeping in pace with the changing scenario of higher education in Indian perspective.The IQAC of our college monitors the different teacher and staff oriented programmes under the able guidance of our principal, Dr. Indrani Deb. It organizes different seminars and workshops for the benefit of the stakeholders. It conducts staff assessment and valuable feedback to find out the scope, weakness, opportunities and challenges of our college. It also encourages the different members of the college to participate in the different career oriented activities. It documents and reports various activities of the college. A continuous follow up has been made on the infrastructural resources of the college by advising the different departments in general and science departments in particular for making the college student friendly. Wish you all the very best in this endeavour. Soliciting your kind and valuable suggestions in this regard.
Prof. Nandadulal Sannigrahi,
Associate Professor of Botany,
Nistarini College, Purulia.